Updated: January 18, 2023
Information We Obtain
Information We Obtain About You
We may obtain certain personal information through the Site. The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as your name, telephone number, and postal and email address;
- Personal characteristics, such as your age and birthdate;
- Account information, such as login information, account preferences and other account details;
- Payment information, such as name, billing and delivery address and payment card details, including card number, expiration date, and security code, which may be collected and stored by us or our third-party payment processors and which we may transmit to certain other third-parties, including fraud-detection services;
- Device information, as described in the Automated Data Collection section below;
- Information about the products or services purchased, requested, obtained, interacted with, searched, browsed, or considered, such as order history, preferences or tendencies; and
- Any other information you submit through our Site or interactions with us, such as through forms, surveys, registration pages, emails, calls, comments, photo uploads, reviews, customer support tools and other features on the Site.
We may collect this information when you use our Site or otherwise interact with us (for example, call, chat, text, or email us). In some cases, we also may obtain your personal information from other parties, such as through Site retail participants or from our affiliates, vendors, and other third parties with whom we work. We also may obtain other personal information about you in ways that we describe at the time of collection.
Automated Data Collection
When you interact with our Site or open our emails, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as through cookies, web server logs, web beacons (including pixels and tags), session replay software, scripts, tracking software and other technologies. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with the Site; (3) tailor the Site to your preferences; (4) measure the usability of the Site and the effectiveness of our communications; (5) authenticate your identity, protect against fraud and provide our products and services; and (6) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help them work properly.
We may use these automated technologies through our Site to collect information about your device, browsing actions, usage patterns and location. Through these automated means, we obtain:
- Device and Browser Information, such as your device IP address, general location information, unique device identifiers, device type and model, device characteristics and settings, browser and other app information (such as browser type, settings and characteristics), operating system information (such as type and version), network connection type, language and country preferences, and other device and application details.
- Information about your interactions with our Site, such as pages visited, links clicked, features used, referring or exit URLs, dates and times of access, session information, clickstream and page-scroll data, and other information about your interactions with our Site.
Through these automated technologies, we may track information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites and apps, such as our Site retail participants’ sites and apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of our Site. For certain devices, you may be able to manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your device.
In addition, we may collect your device’s geolocation information through GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi signals and other technologies. Your device’s operating system or web browser may provide you with a notification when an app attempts to collect your precise geolocation. Please note that if you decline to allow the Site to collect your precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the Site features.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Provide our products and services and those of our Site retail participants, and manage your accounts and profile;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our Site retail participants’ products and services;
- Communicate with you (including sending you offers and other communications about our products and services and those of our Site retail participants), respond to inquiries and offer customer support;
- Personalize your experience with our Site or our Site retail participants’ websites or apps;
- Advertise and market our products and services or those of our Site retail participants;
- Administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions or other programs;
- Perform analytics and market, trend or statistical research;
- Compile, anonymize or aggregate personal information for our business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products and services, prevent misuse and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Verify your identity and protect against fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on the Site, such as Google Analytics. The providers of these analytics services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyze your use of the Site. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Online Tracking and Interest-Based Advertising
As described above, we may share your personal information by allowing these third-party ad and analytics services to collect personal information via automated technologies on our Site for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” under applicable law when the personal information is exchanged for non-monetary consideration. The sharing also may be considered processing of personal information for targeted advertising under applicable law. Please see the “Your Choices and Rights” section below for additional information on the rights to opt-out of this disclosure of your information. To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/.
We may share personal information, as set forth below:
- Our Participants: We may share your personal information with our Site retail participants and joint marketing partners. Because the Site is intended to make available products and services of third-party retailers, when requesting to purchase a product or obtain information about a third-party retailer, you are intentionally disclosing your personal information or interacting with the relevant Site retail participant.
- Service Providers: We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as providers of technology, communications, fraud prevention, security, advertising, marketing, analytics, and other services.
- Social Networks: We may share your personal information with social media platforms if you use those services to connect with us through the features on our Site.
- Business Transfers: We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
- Others: We may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
Your Rights and Choices
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to (1) request access to the personal information we maintain about you; (2) request that we update, correct, or delete your personal information; (3) or opt-out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising, certain profiling or the sale of your personal information. In addition, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, certain of your personal information that you have provided to us. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible.
If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Statement for more information about your privacy practices and your rights and choices.
Site Retail Participants and Other Third-Party Online Services and Features
In addition, the Site may provide links to other online services (such as social media platforms), and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Retention of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
The Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you believe your child’s personal data may be processed in the services, you can contact us using the information in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Policy to request that we delete the personal data.
How to Contact Us
California Consumer Privacy Statement
Last Updated: January 14, 2023
This California Consumer Privacy Statement uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020) and its implementing regulations (collectively, the “CCPA”).
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect (and may have collected during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Statement) the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, and similar technology; customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias; telephone number and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers), online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers
- Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80: credit card number, debit card number and other financial information
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as age and gender
- Commercial Information: commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Online Activity: Internet and other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
- Geolocation Data
- Sensory Information: audio, electronic, visual, and similar information
- Employment Information: professional or employment-related information
- Inferences: inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytics services, providing storage, or providing similar services;
- Providing advertising and marketing services;
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance;
- Short-term, transient use, such as nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of our services or devices and to improve, upgrade, or enhance them;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Managing our relationships with current or prospective partners, vendors and other business partners.
We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for purposes of inferring characteristics about consumers.
To the extent we process deidentified information, we will maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information unless permitted by applicable law.
Retention of Personal Information
Sources of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Statement, we may have obtained personal information about you from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you, such as when you contact us
- Your devices, such as when you use our Site
- Others who use our Site or services, such as your family, friends or employer
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Service providers, contractors and other vendors who provide services on our behalf
- Our joint marketing, Site retail participants and other business partners
- Online advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Internet service providers (“ISPs”)
- Operating systems and platforms
- Social networks
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may share your personal information by allowing certain third parties (such as online advertising services) to collect personal information via automated technologies on our websites and apps for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. This kind of sharing may be considered a “sale” under California law when the personal information is exchanged for non-monetary consideration. You have the right to opt out of these types of disclosures of your information.
We may sell or share for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes (and may have sold or shared during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement) the following categories of personal information about you to online advertising services:
- Commercial Information
- Online Activity
You have the right to opt-out of this disclosure of your information, as detailed below. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Disclosure of Personal Information
During the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this Privacy Statement, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
|Category of Personal Information
|Categories of Third Parties
|Additional Data Subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, during the 12-month period prior to the Last Updated date of this California Consumer Privacy Statement, we may have disclosed personal information about you to government entities, and third parties in connection with corporate transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding your personal information, as described below.
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold or shared about you.
- Correction: You have the right to request that we correct the personal information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information or the sharing of your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes.
- Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
Verifying Requests. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your deletion or correction request. If you have a FurnitureBrains.com account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account. If you do not have a FurnitureBrains.com account with us and you request access to, correction of or deletion of your personal information, we may verify your identity by requiring you to authenticate your email address or providing information about your transactions or prior interactions with us. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
Additional Information. If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.